How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! ~ Maya Angelou
In this month of March, in honor of Women’s History, we will honor our grandmothers, mothers, aunts, sisters, neighbors…all Salone women who have contributed tremendously to our lives, families, communities and our country but whose contributions go untold.
MamaSalone would like to bring to the limelight as many of these Unsung Sheroes as possible and to pay tributes to them for the quiet way in which they have contributed to make a difference in our community and nation.
Please share with the world who is your Unsung Shero from Salone; she could be alive or deceased; your grandmother, mother, aunt, teacher or any woman you know in our community whether in Salone or in the Diaspora, who has contributed to the well-being of her family, community or nation. Make sure you include:
- Where she lives or lived
- What region she comes from
- Tell us whether or not she received formal education
- What has she or did she do that made a difference in her family or community?
- Tell us what makes her special to you and others.
- Please send us her picture, if available.
Join us as we celebrate our unsung Sheroes of Salone!